Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Builders Care volunteering

Tomorrow I'm going to lend a hand with the latest Builders Care project, a total renovation.  I'll only be helping to set up for lunch for the guys, but it's a great feeling to lend a hand to someone in need in a small way.  I'd love to say that I am painting, but the contractors they use have bigger paint contractors who go in and spray on this type of project.  Someday.....

The last time I helped I met the sweetest older woman as I was trying to help her go through years of stored items in order to choose what to keep and what to let go.  Another time I cleaned, another I moved stuff out to a storage unit.  They often just need muscle, and I can lend mine.  :)

Check them out at www.LeeBuildersCare.org.  

1 comment:

Sue Farace said...

sounds like a great organization. I am looking for something small my girl scouts can do. you have given me some ideas.

PS love your faux work!

Sue
http://suefarace.blogspot.com